Why use keywords?
Identifying synonyms (similar words) and related keywords for each of your concepts or themes will ensure that your search retrieves as many relevant records as possible.
- identify the main concepts
- determine alternative terms to capture how others might describe the same concept
- consider possible word variations
Finding alternative terms
Identify other keywords by:
- reviewing abstract, keywords, subject headings, and text in relevant publications
- consulting dictionaries and encyclopedias e.g. Credo reference database
Alternative keywords and synonyms for Education
Fundamentals of searching