- To make your research findings known, contributing to society’s body of knowledge
- To increase the visibility of your research and raise your research profile
- To contribute to the research cycle, where others test and build on your findings
- A strong publication record increases your chance of successfully applying for research funding and building new collaborations
- To meet the expectations of the supporters of your research e.g. SCU, other affiliated institutions, funding bodies
As a researcher, publishing strategically is an important skill that you need to develop. Each of your publishing decisions should contribute to the success of your career.
Where to publish?
Open Access publishing